CareersWhether you're a woodworker, designer, or salesperson, we offer an opportunity to channel your passion for design into a career that celebrates the enduring allure of craftsmanship. See openings
We are craftspeople. We value thoughtful design, quality materials, and the legacy of traditional woodworking.
Independent Commission-based Salesperson
We are seeking an independent commissioned salesperson to partner with us to help:
- Increase our existing retail and wholesale direct-to-consumer sales of our Signature Collection by organically growing the client base, primarily by expanding sales with independent retail outlets in Ontario and increasing on-site sales at our newly renovated showroom in Concord, Ontario.
- Manage and promote our in-house B2C website sales platform.
- Develop and actively manage, on a daily basis, our Wayfair platform, where we sell a limited number of products under multiple Wayfair product names.
- Develop our online and social media presence and platforms to maximize sales and client engagement.
As an independent salesperson representing Windsor Workshop, you will partner with us to build our sales channels focusing on our Signature Collection.
This position offers maximum flexibility and rewards successful sales efforts by providing industry-leading commissions. This position may lead to full-time employment opportunities for the right person, depending on meeting sales expectations, client feedback, and aligning with our vision, values, and goals.
This is a hybrid position where you will split your time between working offsite at a location of your choice, in our showroom and on the road, primarily in Southern Ontario. Although you will not generally have defined hours, you are expected to be engaged in active sales and online activities at least 28 hours per week and be present on-site in Concord, Ontario, for periodic team meetings and sales activities.
This is a unique position to help a company that has been in business for over forty years develop new sales channels by modernizing our platforms and reach through technology while still deploying the time-proven face-to-face techniques that have made Windsor Workshop one of Southern Ontario's most trusted furniture manufacturers.
Our commission structure has no cap, and we do not differentiate between online or physical sales. We offer a yearly bonus as a percentage of your annual sales based on client feedback, online rankings and reviews. As this is an independent contractor position, there is no guarantee of minimum remuneration and no vacation time or pay accrual. In general, expenses will be paid by Windsor Workshop, but you may wish to maximize your commissions by investing in your success.
Because we don't cap your earning potential, this is an extraordinary opportunity to work with one of the best manufacturers in our space with a proven track record of over 40 years while earning an exceptional living, being your own boss, and having a flexible work schedule.
- This is a mid-level to senior position best suited for an experienced independent professional seeking flexible work hours while highly dedicated to maximizing the potential of our Signature Collection.
- We would like to see at least five years of commissioned sales experience.
- Experience selling furniture or other luxury/high-end consumer goods B2C is an asset.
- Experience in managing a product line on Wayfair or a similar platform like Amazon is required.
- Online sales and social media experience are necessary, and preference will be given to candidates who have developed or helped launch products or platforms.
- Most travel will be in your vehicle with mileage paid by Windsor Workshop, with some travel in company vehicles.
- Light to moderate lifting may be required from time to time.
- Evenings and weekend work may be required on an infrequent basis.